Saturday, December 19, 2009

Never too Late

So, my guilt about going Christmas-lite this year set in around December 17th. That's when it hit me that possibly I had deprived my children of the full Christmas season experience. It hit me while I was in line at Costco picking up the pizza for Abby's preschool party. My thought train ran down the track something like this...
What have I done?
What have I not done?!
Can we still make it to Disneyland?
Layne's said something about going to Disneyland....
When do the blackout days start?
Call Chad Layne.
Can I pull it together and leave for Disneyland in two hours?
Who else can I convince?
Shauna-yes, Maren-no way, Laura w.-do I even have to ask?
(go to party, celebrate, watch Abby and Lauren's adorable rendition of Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer-all the while scheming in my head some more)
Text back and forth with Mark-he's in.
Let's go...........

 
So worth it!! It was all I imagined and more. David and I actually cried at the tree lighting ceremony when we got there. Pitiful, but true. In fact, I was brought to tears of joy more than once that night. It was definitely magical and reaffirmed in my mind, that I do celebrate and love Christmas as intensely as the rest of my family. I just need to be reminded!

 
Even though we didn't get home until 1:30am, we still had to be up the next morning for the last of school before winter break. David and James had class parties that could not be missed! David loves Mrs.C!

 
Nothing like the joy of two weeks off! The boys really wanted the Mickey Santa hats, how could I resist?

 
Posted by Picasa
 
That night was a mellow one. We got the boxes down and began the decorating. It was perfect, I set a time limit of two hours decorating max. Then we all sat down together and laughed ourselves silly watching Elf.
Even O joined in the merriment.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

tawnya said...

We watch Elf every year while decorating the tree. I love it!