Sunday, September 6, 2009

Self Portraits

Thursday was back to school night at the boys' school. I got to visit David's classroom first. I really enjoy back to school night because the boys tend to be very closed lipped about their school experiences. This night is my first chance to get a glimpse into their school world.

 

David has a new uniform. It's the black shirt and jean pants uniform. Thankfully he has ditched the button-up shirt over a tshirt ensemble he wore daily last year. Now I just need to convince him that shorts might be a good idea since we've been hitting temperatures near 100 degrees lately.

 
The night before a big game is always exciting. Friday night was super fun because we had a flag football team kick-off swim party. I thought all the swimming and fun would wear the boys out, but they still had a fitful sleep that night. This was a peaceful moment I caught them in. David commented the other day that he just always needs a warm body to sleep next too. Lately, he's been rotating between James and Abby's beds. It's probably been over a year now since he has actually slept alone. I wonder how this will work out when he goes on a mission....

 
I guess it's a good thing he never sleeps in his own bed. Where else would we lay out the next day's uniform??

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

diane said...

Plus he never has to make his bed.

I love that boy.

Heather said...

I was going to say the same thing as Diane - my girls have been sleeping in our loft this Summer and I love it as their rooms stay cute and clean. Isn't it crazy to be back in the think of school and sports again?

3WimmerBoys said...

Oh Davey's school outfit makes me hot. I love the uniform all laid out and ready to go. So cute!

ferntyler said...

no wonder his bed always looks so nice (ok, we all know it would look good either way).. I love that you took pictures at back to school night, I didn't and Robie has no idea what they did for it - i'm going to do that next year!

Anonymous said...

Saturday was alot of fun - it's great to be able to see the kids. The boys looked great in their uniforms and my special little girl was just.....well.....special - even if she does sometimes try her mother's patience :)
Love you guys!