Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why I Took the Summer Off- Week 3

 
My little pup is one happy guy. He's found a pack. We met three other dogs at the Rec Center down the street. Their owners bring them there every morning. We met them all one day on the grass and they "accepted" O into their pack. It sounds real official, basically it involved a lot of sniffing and a little growling from the alpha female of the group. His buddies include a German Shepard, a Boxer and Hungarian Pointer. He rounds out the grouping very nicely. We'll be going there every morning now I suppose...

 
Monday was a great day at the beach. We had many friends there to play with. Abby and Paige were having a stare-down here. Paige blinked first this time. Abby's unspoken dialogue, "you're not getting my cup or my flip-flops girl!".

 
Posted by Picasa
Today we took a trip to the zoo. I haven't taken all of the kids there ever! We had a fun discussion on the drive down to the zoo. We passed my work, which the kids all recognize. James asked me, "Mom, do you do a good job at your work?" I answered, "Of course I do!" To which he answered, "So, that's why they gave you the whole summer off!". Well, it didn't exactly go down like that, I basically asked at just the right time and got what I asked for. I am so glad I asked, especially on days like today. We had a great time. We saw lots of fun animals and I even rode the Skyride without hyperventilating! It was like a dream.

 
David had a little playdate last week with an old pal. At 4pm they asked for breakfast for dinner. How could I resist such an opportunity to feed two notoriously picky eaters? They chowed down and didn't ask for food again for hours.

 
Posted by Picasa
On Sunday Maren brought over a tasty lemon cake with cream cheese frosting. Um Delicious! We couldn't resist lighting a few candles, notice, that's my age in dog years. I am one lucky dog for sure!

9 comments:

Heather said...

what a fun Summer you are having - and Happy birthday you young girl! You make 29 look good!

Jessica said...

I love your "Why I took the Summer Off" posts! So cute!

Kim W said...

Happy birthday. So sorry I missed the chance to sing to you. Maybe next year. Ha!

Kim W said...

Hey, where's the summer calendar blog. I can't see any of your favorite blogs on your site right now. I don't know where else to look.

The Family Rasheed said...

look at all the fun you are having!!! Happy late birthday,Laura!!!

jessica said...

Happy Birthday!

ferntyler said...

I also love the "why i took the summer off" posts, because I'm glad you did! Happy bday old lady!

Annalisa said...

smiles! fun to see you on Sat. glad you're enjoying your summer off.

3WimmerBoys said...

So if you do such a great job they gave you the summer off does that mean they pay you for the summer? Wishful thinking?